This is an easy topic for me. I know right away what I wish I was better at - cooking. It's not that I'm a bad cook, I think most of the food I make ends up tasting good (if I do say so myself... right?). It's that I don't have a knack for understanding the flow of cooking. When I watch cooking shows they make everything sound so easy! Then, when I try, a 30 min. meal turns into hours and by the time the last food is prepped the first food has gotten cold.
I not only wish cooking made more sense to me I also wish I knew what spices went with what and how to alter recipes so they tasted the way I want them! I'm such a picky eater that when I watch the shows mentioned above I can think of at least 3 ingredients I wouldn't want when I make the dish, but then I'm sad when the dish has no flavor! It's a never ending cycle. If I better understood spice combinations then I could make flavorful food without gross things (like cilantro, rosemary, cumin, etc.). I watch people eat such yummy food at the lunch table and wish I had the sense to make the same dishes but with the flavors I like.
Instead, I eat Kraft macaroni and cheese, brownies, skittles, cotton candy flavored yogurt, and peaches. It's not a terrible life, but it could use some variety :)
Monday, August 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
http://www.amazon.com/No-Whine-Dinner-Liz-Weiss/dp/0615381227/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345556008&sr=1-3&keywords=picky+eaters+cookbook
Most of the picky eaters books are promoted for mom's with kids that are picky eaters, but your little one may become a picky eater if you are one. ;-)
This book is supposedly a great book. There is another book:
http://www.amazon.com/Sneaky-Chef-Strategies-Healthy-Favorite/dp/0762430753/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345556107&sr=1-1&keywords=sneaky+cookbook
This helps you "sneak" healthy foods into your meals that taste good.
Cooking is such an individual thing, I am sure your family loves your cooking just the way it is. :-)
Love your blog BTW!
Post a Comment