Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 19: My dream home

If I could live anywhere I would live in Stars Hollow, CT - a totally fictional town created for the cast of Gilmore Girls.  Not only would I live there, but I would like to be Rory Gilmore please - her vocabulary, her attendance at Yale, her seemingly simplistic middle class lifestyle with unbelievably rich grandparents, her love of all kinds of literature and pop culture, her ability to eat at a Diner every day and not gain an ounce of body fat - is that too much to ask?

I think I've always wanted to live in a small town on the east coast.  When I was a senior in high school I proclaimed I wanted to go to the university of Maine - that is until we visited and it was, how shall we say, disappointing.  I love the east coast and I would love to be closer to big cities but live in a small community where everyone knows everyone and neighbors are quirky, but the schools are good and kids have lots of opportunities to fly the nest and expand their horizons.

It seems to me my friend Michelle has found a real life Stars Hollow in Ithica, New York.  Perhaps I should visit her some day and see if it truly does live up to my imaginary expectations.

I could also live in California or Oregon, on the coast.  When our oil and gas mineral rights start rolling in from the millions of dollars in oil they are going to find beneath our less-than-an-acre property I'm going to buy a 100,000,000 house on the coast and eat breakfast with the ocean breeze blowing my perfectly groomed morning hair.  Then, I'll visit my vacation home on the east coast and eat at a diner ever day and never have an ounce of body fat.

On a side note - These places that I'm mentioning above will only work out if family is living close by, so hopefully my family and extended family all have the same dream homes...

Until then, I'll live in Greeley, CO where your nose hairs are burned off from the smell emanating from the cow pastures on the Eastern Plains.  It's not so bad, if you squint and hold your nose... 

As they said on South Park- "Greeley - the exact opposite of Hawaii".  What more do you need to know?


No comments: