List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
My first hobby is keeping everyone in my family busy. I am always up to something and always have an errand to run or a fun place to visit. There are days that I spend in my jammies getting laundry done and catching up on school work but most of the time I'm on the go. Because I'm a grip-it-and-rip-it kind of girl I don't always have the best-laid plans, but I always have the best intentions and we've had some great family memories (along with a few family arguments when things turn a little stressful. Keeps the marriage fresh...)
My second hobby is making things off Pinterest. Before Pinterest I made things from random websites but am in love with all of the step-by-step tutorials. I've made three skirts, two dresses, pillow cases, outfits for Audrey, cookies, muffins, bread, multiple dinners, hair bows, a wreath, decorative boxes, a ladybug costume, baby shower gifts, necklaces, and have so many more ideas pinned and ready to go. Our house has turned into a home with the personal touches I'm able to create with the help of others who so graciously take pictures step-by-step. I've tried documenting my own projects and don't have the patience to document each individual step, so for those with more patience than me.... THANK YOU.
My third hobby is being overly competitive in a totally non-competitive way, if that makes sense. I'm not fast, I'm not strong, I'm not a whiz at trivia, but I sure do pretend I am and try to keep competitions light and fun with my over-exaggerated need for a gold medal (or any medal/award for that matter). I find it kind of lessens the actual competitiveness when being over the top. To this day I still only have one actual medal that I've won, and another that I bought for 15 dollars :) And remember, 16 years from now I'm planning on medaling at the Windsor Labor Day 5K.
My 4th hobby is running. Who would have guessed I would like to run? I attribute my love of running to my friend Cortney. She loved to run and she got me going back in Prairie Village, KS. Scott had moved to Colorado and she and I basically became roommates. We would run, then go out to dinner and eat (I always had more dessert than she did, and more mac and cheese too, go figure). We have both since moved away from Kansas, but I love to run because I know she's running too, and she instilled such a sense of happiness with running in me. Now, because she got me started, I can run with my mom, and with Scott. I can run with Dave, and someday perhaps I'll run with Audrey. I love spending time with my family. Scott and I have run in Hawaii and in San Diego. I've run in the humidity and in the dry mountain air. I've run pushing a stroller and I've run carrying my weight in water and snacks. Having Audrey makes running with Scott more difficult, but I sense that this spring/summer will be our new beginning. Hopefully Audrey's up for some stroller rides... !
My 5th hobby (much to my husbands dismay) is social media and reality t.v. I group these together because they share one thing in common - they suck the time away from life. I love Facebook, Twitter, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, The Real World Challenges, Dance Mom's, America's Got Tallent, Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, Project Runway, any Kardashian series, basically anything that sucks away time and leaves little in it's wake. I haven't gotten onto the Youtube train. I watch videos that others post, sometimes, but for some unbeknownst reason I just don't have the patience to watch 3 minutes of animals doing random tricks (go figure?). Perhaps it's for the best. There's only so much time in a day, and I can't sacrifice one second of Teen Mom, especially since I'm only watching it after a certain toddler goes to bed! (I'm just not sure I want her to experience Amber's complete melt down with Gary every 2 minutes until she's at least riding a bicycle...).
There you have it. My hobbies. I love them because they are fun, and because I get to do them with the people I love most in this world.
Now, off to finish Bachelor Pad!
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment