Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family now.
I can tell I'm tired b/c I just had to look at my blog three times in 10 seconds to remember what day I'm on.
Sheesh! Our schedules have been crazy busy. Scott's been working very hard on a work project and going back to school is always a busy time of year. The good news is that it's almost September, and September is where things start to hit their groove. Plus, it's a long weekend this weekend and I'm looking forward to heading to the mountains and running the WINDSOR LABOR DAY 5K where I will not medal for another 16 years ... (still bitter...).
Anyways- family dynamics. Sorry to disappoint folks, but I'm going to alter this post a little. I love my family, and they read my blog, and I don't think this is the place to lay all of our business out there for everyone to read. Not that we have bad family dynamics (in fact, we have fabulous dynamics if I do say so myself), but part of what makes the dynamics what they are is trust and the individual relationships.
Instead, I will document the cute things Audrey is saying so if you run into her in the next couple of days you can keep up with the conversation.
She knows what a pirate says (yo ho ho) and Fozzy Bear also (Waca Waca).
She loves to watch SuperWhy (forWhy) and if she wants your attention she will take your face in her hands and whisper "listen". She says "Semenee" in the car which means turn up this song, I want to listen to it. This one is important. If you don't provide instant tunes you will PAY!
Today, in the car, she was requesting a certain song by making no intelligible sounds whatsoever, and was getting very upset when I was OBVIOUSLY choosing the wrong one. In between wails I got her to listen to reason, and told her she could say "yes" or "no" when I played each song on the CD until I found the one she wanted. She immediately quieted down and one by one we went through the songs. "No" she would say, shaking her head, until we got to track 13, "Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees. THAT was the magic song.
Who knew?
She's so petite that she cannot open the doors in our house because she cannot reach. Apparently the doorknob to the pantry is a little shorter because yesterday she walked over and opened the door, and was so surprised she immediately closed it and ran into the living room. She also loves to carry around the baking soda from the lazy susan. It's an acquired taste...
We learned that Tober likes to eat crayons (the hard way) and that Audrey is not a fan of when that happens. We also know that she associates baseball caps with mowing lawns, so she dresses up in Scott's hats and pretends to mow the living room. She tells us "I mowing" as she works. Our neighbor is a retired man who works most days in his yard, and the first thing she says when we turn the corner to our house is "Dan mowing?" She talks about Dan all the time, but will never go up and actually say something when she sees him. He's the only person she's shy around, in a cute way (not in a scary next door neighbor way). She also is becoming proficient at dressing herself in Scott's shirts by placing her head through the arm holes and dragging the extra fabric around her feet.
Speak of the squirt she's struggling to sleep. We're all worn out, and ready for a 3 day weekend.
Until tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment