Monday, August 6, 2012

5 Things That Make Me Happy

I must say I consider myself a very happy person. I'm sure Scott would agree and tell anyone I never suffer an unpleasant moment. At this moment in time these are the 5 things that make me most happy.

1. My daughter (duh, right?). Right now she's supposed to be taking a nap but all I hear is a tiny voice chit chatting about her goings on of the day.  She loves kids her own age, snuggling her parents, running in the garden, snuggling her dog, drinking her milk, watching cartoons, and dumping her toys. Each day she gets a little older and says something new and it astounds me and melts my heart a little more.
2. My husband (again, predictable). He is pretty awesome. Although I'm a happy person I'm also a LITTLE stubborn and decisive. He knows me so well and together we have a lot of love, laughter, and happiness. He is such a nice person I feel so lucky to be partnered with him for life.
3. My family - There are so many of them! My parents, my siblings, my grandparents, my cousins, aunts, uncles, ...  You get the picture. We have a great time when we get together. It is a family of love and although we have our faults like all families out there underneath everything is love.
4. Soda with cafine. I swore I wouldn't drink one every day once Audrey slept through the night but it just makes me happy to taste the sugar and drink the bubbles. I savor my soda for the afternoon when I can really sit and enjoy it.
5. The camera on my I phone. It's ALWAYS there. It takes video, pictures, posts to Facebook, etc. and that just makes me so happy. I have some of my favorite pictures with me in my pocket at all times.

Who can stop there?  Here are a few of the other things hat make me happy:

Candy, friends, running, second graders, new clothes, Target, pop music, reality tv, cake, sleeping in, shopping, swimming pools, scarves, cross county skiing, compliments, winning medals, winning in general, processed foods, new running shoes, being a mom, being a teacher, being a friend...  My time is up! The peanut beckons. :)

No comments: