Friday, August 17, 2012

Sigh... End of Summer

Summer went out with a bang!  Scott's college roommate and my good friend Eric brought his girlfriend to Colorado at the end of July.  He is a huge Reds fan so we took Audrey to her first baseball game.  She was amazing!  Such a charmer in a hot environment.  
Rockies VS Reds




4 AM... Ready to run!
 The weekend after I went back to work was my first half marathon.  I finished in 2 hours and 29 minutes, which was a personal best (har - de - har... ).  Sara was my training partner.  She beat me.  She's fast :)
Our Family Legacy
My grandmother passed away at the age of 97 the week before I went back to work.  We went on a quick 3-day trip to Fairview, Oklahoma to be with family and celebrate her life.  This is a picture of her house - a house that has been in my family since the 1940's.  We stayed there for the weekend and enjoyed the family time and knowing how much love has gone through this house.
Farewell Summer...
Audrey and I said "Farewell" to summer.  It was my most favorite summer I can ever remember.  I really tried hard to make every moment count.  That doesn't mean I spent the whole time being busy.  I relaxed and really enjoyed just being a stay-at-home mom.  Audrey and I took a music tots class, and also went to the library almost every week we were in town for toddler time. We took a swimming class (ADVANCED GUPPIES) with Jackson and Kimberly where we passed with flying colors to Tadfish level.  We had a play date with the other babies at Range View every Wednesday and went to the splash park and ate ice cream.  Each week Scott made it possible for me to go on at least three runs (the last being our long run which took hours out of our Saturday morning).  I became great friends with Sara and Molly and we watched the Bachelorette each Monday night with lots of treats.  I finally stayed all night at the Relay for Life and got to spend some great time with some great co-workers.  We got to see Scott every day for lots of time and ate out for lunch as much as we could afford.  I got to see my parents (both near and far) and went on our first official family vacation as a family of 3 to San Diego.  I feel bad for next summer.  It has very high standards to live up to. 


No comments: