I laugh at this post because has anyone really ever had a "typical" day? I have dreams of what a typical day is, but somehow things always get off kilter.
A typical work day is as follows:
My alarm clock goes off at 6:00 a.m. I hit the snooze button and lay in the bed wishing for just three more hours of sleep... It never happens.
At 6:10 when the alarm goes off again I kiss my husband (still dead to the world) and go straighten my hair. This usually takes about 10 min (I shower the night before so my hair is looking LOVELY before this process). Then I go into the bedroom and stare at my closet until the PERFECT outfit jumps out at me.
Once I'm dressed I go into the kitchen and make breakfast and pack my lunch. I eat my breakfast at the kitchen table to the quiet of my house, then I go and wake up peanut. She's so sweet in the morning, she usually tries to jump right up but is still half asleep so she stumbles around, ready to be picked up.
After a diaper change we get back in jammies to get a cup of milk. She drinks it down while we snuggle and get her bag ready for Julia's. After about 15 min. we get in the car and head to school/daycare.
I get to work around 7:30 and do one or two things with the 2nd graders before it's time to head home. Nothing too important, just changing the future of the world one child at a time...
At 3:45 I leave to pick Audrey up and head home. I call Scott on the way to see his schedule and usually give him a rough time because he has to work and I'm ready for dinner at 4:45.
Audrey and I come home and play/read the mail/do things around the house and then it's time for dinner. Anyone who knows us knows we rarely cook. We have good intentions, but we always tucker out so a typical day includes our family grabbing a quick bite or someone going to grab something to eat for dinner. I feel much better about Audrey's dietary needs during the school year when I have less control over what she eats - she eats FAR better with Julia (who grows her own vegetables!... swoon).
Audrey goes to bed around 7:30 - 8:00. At that point we usually pick up the house. Scott sweeps and mops the floor while I creep on people on Facebook (hehehe). Then we watch some sort of ridiculous reality show and head to bed (usually around 10:30).
A typical weekend day is much easier to describe.
Our family wakes up to the sound of a 1 year old. Audrey has a glass of milk and Scott makes a cup of coffee (that I steal for myself). We lounge in our pajamas and do a few things here or there. I usually create some sort of errand for the family so we leave the house in the afternoon, after Audrey's nap. We get home, make Audrey dinner, scrounge around for something we want to eat, put Audrey to bed, and watch more reality t.v.
When Scott gets busy our lives are much more complicated, but I have to say, a typical day is pretty great.
Scott's version of this day:
Sarah wakes up - checks her i phone, stays on her iphone all day, then goes to bed....HE'S BITTER!
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment