Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 13: 5 Weaknesses

Just Kidding... Perhaps I have some imperfections, although you have to dig EXTREMELY DEEP to find them.

1. I have a weakness for candy.  Last night as I was typing my blog I was also plowing through a half pound bag of M&M's.  I asked Scott to physically remove them from my hands and put them away because I just kept eating, and eating, and eating.  Most days I can show restraint.  Anyone who has been to our house knows we have a candy bowl and cookies at ALL times. One of the reasons I usually don't have a problem eating too many sweets is because I know they are always available, should I need a quick pick-me-up.  The first day of school with students is the exception.  I have no self control.

2. I agonize if people are angry with me.  I won't sleep, I'll fret and worry, and usually make the situation bigger than it needs to be if I think someone is mad at me.  I sometimes transfer this weakness onto Scott, and worry if people are mad at him (which never bothers him... this makes arguments interesting.  He doesn't care if I'm mad and I over care if he's mad.  Then I'm mad that he's not more upset that I'm mad.. You get the picture...)

3. I'm not very clean.  I would much rather leave the dishes for later, leave the bed unmade, leave clothes in the hamper instead of in their drawers...  But then I married a neat freak.  Go figure.

4. I chew my fingernails.  I have tried to stop.  I have painted them with pepper, kept them manicured, set up reward systems, nothing words.  I look around to see if other people chew their finger nails and they aren't which makes me chew my finger nails more.  The other day I saw Audrey chew her finger nails and I was sad.  Her dad chews his finger nails too, so unfortunately it seems like a family trait.

5. Cooking.  I wish I liked to cook because I really like to eat and I think I would eat better food if I liked to cook.  I find the whole process overwhelming, especially after working.  This summer (in my opinion) I did a good job cooking different meals.  Pinterest has really helped with it's step-by-step magic (usually with pictures!).  In order to be a good cook you have to let go of thoughts about bacterias in meats and that's very hard for me to do.  I spend more time washing my hands then cooking, and dirty almost every utensil in an attempt to keep things sanitary.  Being friends with a friend whose husband is a chef helps.  I realized that perhaps I have over exagerated my worries about kitchen germs...

On a side note, I just asked Scott what he thought my weaknesses are and he said "It's hard to say anything, because they aren't weaknesses, they are what make you who you are."  He's kind of a nice guy (he's also making me brownies as a second-day-of-school-treat!).

On a second side note Audrey's babysitter told me a funny story yesterday.  She took Audrey through the pharmacy drive through and was handed a white paper sack with medicine in it to which Audrey yelled "HAMBURGER!"  Turns out we've eaten a few too many fast food meals...

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I am totally the same with regard to 1 and 2! Jarrod has had to physically hide sweets from me... ;)