Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 11: Describe 10 pet peeves you have

Whooo Boy!  This will be a fun one.  This post is dedicated to Scott who plays a large part in the majority of these pet peeves....ON PURPOSE!

1. Tardiness - (This applies ONLY to Scott).  My number 1 pet peeve is when Scott is late (we're talking 30 min to HOURS late and he calls on his way home to say "I'm running late".  REALLY?  REALLY?  could you have called hours ago to mention you're not lying dead somewhere on the road gasping for help?  As much as I love my husband and have said wonderful things about him, his tardiness might take years off my life.

2. Pokeyness when we're running late (this also applies ONLY to Scott).  When it's time to leave the house and Scott is moving at a snails pace I feel like I might explode.  I've learned in my almost-eight-years-of-marriage that actually exploding does nothing to help him get moving so I have to have an internal battle while I will him to move FASTER!

3. Double jointed fingers (Again, thank you honey).  Scott has double jointed fingers that make an awful sound when he moves them.  They also bend freakishly far backwards when he types or pushes a button.  The button pushing has grown on me but the noise will always and forever make my skin crawl.

4. Being told to relax when I'm obviously stressed.  Nothing makes my blood boil more than being told to relax when I'm mad.  If I could relax I would, trust me.  No one likes to walk around with bulging head veins and a high-pitched-screech emitting from their throat. 

5. Putting laundry away when I'm heading to bed.  We will do a load of laundry and it will sit in the bedroom all night, and as I get up to go to bed Scott will say "Let's put the laundry away before we go to bed."  The old me fought tooth and nail, and the new me still fights tooth and nail against this one.

6. vacuuming. The sound of the vacuum makes me anxious.  The one thing Scott likes to do more than once a week?  vacuum.  At least the carpet feels nice while I'm recovering from my nervous break down.

(Scott, you took the top 6.  Nicely played.  It's a good thing you're so handsome, and nice, and honest, and... well you get the picture.  You aren't all bad...)

7. Harold Reynolds.  He is a baseball sportscaster and the voice on Scott's old video game.  Don't ask me why, but his commentary is my 7th pet peeve.  It has nothing to do with the video game itself, I can hear my good old buddy Reynolds anywhere and everywhere.

8. Blackouts on our DVR.  During the last summer Olympics we DVRed the race that Phelps won by a millisecond.  Our DVR blacked out for 1 second- the second the won.  I hate when I think I have a show recorded and come home to see "this is a partial recording".  Darn the clouds, darn the weather, darn the wind.  Anyone who knows me knows I love my TV shows.  I love them in their entirety!

9. When Chris Harrison comes on and says "Ladies/Gentlemen, this is the final rose tonight".  It's his only line for the entire episode and it's the most obvious.  I wonder if it's his pet peeve also...

10. Sentences that end with a preposition.  When I was growing up my step dad had to pay my mom a quarter when he ended a sentence with a preposition.  I have this instinct to hold my hand out asking for money whenever someone ends a sentence with "at". 

There you have it!  My top 10 pet peeves.  Now that it's out in the open I'm expecting to never be annoyed again!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I totally agree with 9 and 10! Chris Harrison loves the drama. ;)