Audrey has learned a love for "SYRUUUUUUUP!" As you can see, she is finished with this pancake and there are three chipmunk bites missing and a happy girl licking the syrup off her fingers. She and her dad are the syrup eaters. Today Scott had to miss the pancake festivities because of work. I thought perhaps Audrey would not notice the lack of syrup since it wasn't on the table but I no sooner sat down than I heard the word bellowed from her high chair.
I love having pancake Sundays. I love that in our counter top storage containers we have flour, sugar, powdered sugar and chocolate chips (for pancakes of course!). I hope Audrey likes pancakes as she gets older. It would be a complete bust to create a tradition only to find that she likes fruit and yogurt parfaits.
I meant what I said about posting 3-4 times a week, but last Sunday I threw my back out and am just now getting back to speed. It seems like it's taken forever to be able to get up and down without strategery, and i'm itching for a run. I'm forcing myself to wait until Wednesday for a run, since walking the aisles of Target pose a challenge after a few minutes.
In other news I co-hosted a baby shower for my dear friend who has a brand new baby girl. It was so much fun getting together outside of school. My friend is now on maternity leave until January. I die a little on the inside every time I think about the wonderfulness of maternity leave and summer vacation. I know with maternity leave comes the sleepless nights and never ending schedule changes of an infant but it is also the most precious time! It would be perfect to have maternity leave every school year, if it didn't mean more babies and daycare expenses!
No comments:
Post a Comment