![]() | ||||
| YUMMM! |
First of all, I want to know when my little baby became a kid? I have been with her every day of her pea-pickin life and it has bulldozed me over. Even though she is technically a toddler she went from still having baby tendencies to being 100 % kid. She plays and interacts like a kid, she makes demands like a kid, she gets in trouble like a kid, and she's got a mind of her own! All of these things I wanted for her, but darnit if it doesn't just blow me away how old she gets over night.
As she gets older and more independent, she is also MESSY! I must say that I've never been one to really judge kids for being messy (I get it. Pick your battles). I do judge kids for having Honey Boo Boo hairstyles, and we are bordering on tragic with a toddler mullet, but Scott refuses to trim her little curl (mullet) so Honey Boo Boo it is.
But goodness are toddlers messy. The high chair is messy, the table is messy, the car seat is a DISASTER zone, and I am not willing to spend my entire pay check on baby wipes to keep this adorable face clean! You will probably be dismayed to find out this is the second day in a row of messy faced Audrey. The first day it was due to some DELICIOUS chocolate covered raisins that melted in her hands an on her face. After she had devoured her "treat" I gave her a juice box that she promptly lost the straw to so she had to suck from the punctured hole in the top. Did I mention we were at Target for our weekly shopping trip? That's right. This messy mug was gracing each aisle of Target as we shopped for the next two weeks of groceries.
You may think I'm picking the wrong battles, but I've gotta tell you. Right now, the battle is toilet paper. We have an epic battle between Audrey and the toilet paper and so far Audrey is drastically in the lead. Once we learn that toilet paper is not a toy then we can focus on not slathering our face with chocolate goodness.
But as a mom do you know what I see on this wickedly adorable and chocolate covered face?
A little kid who fed herself her entire bowl of ice cream. It makes me so proud and so sad at the same time.
My little Audrey is a feeding-herself-messy-faced little kid. And I love her.

No comments:
Post a Comment