Sunglasses at night so I can see the light before my eyes..." - Corey Hart (No, I didn't know that by heart (thank goodness) I used Google, and no, not the cool Corey Hart who is married to Pink... this guy.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Hart_%28singer%29).
I think Corey Hart had a toddler when he wrote this song. Only a toddler ACTUALLY wears their sunglasses at night. It only makes sense when she comes from such a stylish family to make such a fashion statement on our way to get some "FroYo" as the kids say these days...
This song always makes me laugh because it was featured on Vh1 (remember that channel...?) during their Awesomely Bad series. That show made an impact on my relationship with Scott because before and during each of the songs, as different trivia statements were made, a graphic of a pained face appeared with an awesome sound bite. Scott and I frequently make these faces and sound bites around the house at various times during the day...
Cup turned over and filled with water in the dishwasher? ARGH!
Stubbed my toe on the closet door but it didn't really hurt that bad? BAHLRG
Got all the way in the car but left your cell phone inside? BLAAH
Vh1 has long forgotten their awesomely bad list of songs, and will never know that their legacy lives on. And now, I can proudly say, we continue the legend for a whole new generation.
You wear those sunglasses at night Audrey. It is totally Awesomely Bad.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment