The plan for the blog was to take a picture a day of something that goes on in our lives and to document a small piece of our little family. As you can see, I'm off to a fantastic start. So now I'm documenting the goal for posterity. I'm going to start small - 4 pictures a week. This allows nights off when I'm tuckered out or when we decide to watch a movie after Audrey goes to bed (a treat!).
This picture says so much about our lives right now. First of all, it's Audrey's first cup of chocolate milk. Notice that it is so delicious she couldn't even bother to turn and face the camera! Second, we are at Starbucks on a Saturday morning, celebrating a long run. Ever since I finished my half marathon I have made it a priority to keep in shape running a couple short runs during the week and one longer run on Saturday. I have wonderful friends to meet on the weekends, and am unsure how this will continue when it gets bitter cold, but here's hoping I can run another race next summer without too much trouble! Third, Audrey is wearing her new favorite shoes - squeakers - she calls them. This is an appropriate name seeing as how each shoe has a squeaker in the heal that squeaks with every step she takes. She's a big hit out and about town as she squeaks her way around, and we always know where to find her! She's squeaked so much that even Tober has given up the search for the mystery sound that follows his sister wherever she goes. Fourth, you will notice that Audrey is sitting, ALONE, in a gigantic chair. This is the latest trend at our house where our independent 20 month old refuses her high chair and feels grown up enough to sit in grown up chairs. Seeing as how we are the parents and we call the shots (yeah... right) we had her sit in her high chair, much to her dismay, until she learned how to tip the entire contraption over on purpose. Seeing as how I like her little noggin intact, we are making the adjustment to sitting at the table like a "big girl". It's a slow process...
Not pictured in this photo - my husband, eating two different treats from Starbucks - the final trend in our lives right now. Scott is able to eat whatever he wants while I run 15 miles a week and have to watch what I eat. Ah, the injustice. Good thing he likes to share. Treat bites from his snacks have zero calories! It's a miracle!
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment