Thursday, September 6, 2012

DAY THIRTY!!!!

I've made it!  30 blogs in CLOOOOSE to 30 days.  Don't give up hope though, blog fans.  I have plans to continue after this challenge.  I've really enjoyed writing and being reflective, so the plan is to continue blogging at least 3-4 times a week.  I would love to try a similar challenge with 30 pictures in 30 ISH days.  I follow a lot of blogs that have attempted a photo project of some sort and I think it starts strong in the beginning and dwindles down, so here's to another 30 ISH days of success!

Day 30's topic:  10 Things I want to be remembered for.

1. I want to be remembered for being a really kind and supportive person (with my family and with my friends).  When people look back at our friendship or relationship I want them to think of me as supportive and kind.  I have blogged earlier that I am working on being thoughtful (I'm the LAST person to remember birthdays and have never gotten a gift to someone on time in my life.  It's my New Year's Resolution each year and each year I tank.  Somewhere, deep down, I have an aversion to timely package deliveries).

2. A good mom.  When my kids grow up I want them to think the way I do about my parents.  I want to live by their example and learn from their mistakes to be the best mom I can be.  I know I'm not perfect.  Tonight, I was exhausted so Audrey and I ate canned ravioli and snuggled watching a marathon of Nick Jr.  Just as I was starting to feel guilty Audrey snuggled in and said "I love you, mommy".  Canned ravioli can bring out the best in anyone.

3. A wonderful teacher.  I want to be visited by students in their adulthood to hear about their successes in life.  I want to have generations of students and want to be thought of in a positive light in the community.  I take my job very seriously and want to do the best for all of the students I teach in my life.  I want to be remembered for being kind and thoughtful towards kids.

4. I want to be remembered for my sense of humor.  At my funeral I want people to tell funny stories and laugh their heads off at the fun times we had together.  Thinking this way helps me stay positive when situations get a little bumpy.

5. I want to be remembered for my love of all things superficial, while deep down people know I have a lot of depth to my thoughts.  I love that people can relax and talk about all things junk food and reality t.v. around me but people also know they can ask me about things that matter as well.  It kind of breaks the ice to be able to shoot the breeze about the Kardashians, and through these conversations I've made some really great and deep friendships.

6. I want to be remembered for being honest.  I want people to know they can trust me and that I'll be honest with them in the kindest way I know.  I want to model trustworthiness for my kids (school and home) and hope to lead a life by example.

7. I want to be remembered for standing up for what I think is right, but in a respectful and appropriate way.  This morning I was listening to a radio announcer who I severely disagreed with and all I wanted to do was call in and give them a piece of my mind.  Instead I gave my family a piece of my mind (even though they were in agreement) and decided to pick my battles.  This is not something I'm necessarily good at, so it's also a goal I'm working toward as I enter the "mature" stage of my life... (thanks Sara, for the "mature" label...) :)

8. I want to be remembered for my vocabulary and spelling skills.  HA just kidding.  I have ZERO vocabulary skills and thank my lucky stars every day for spell check.  I was lucky to get into my Masters program based on test scores and undergrad grades because the vocab of the GRE might have done me in.  In all seriousness I want to be remembered for being well educated.  I may not be the most verbose about my knowledge but I'm proud of my education.

9. I want to be remembered for being patient.  I think people outside my small family will think of my as a patient person, so it's another goal of mine to show the same patience towards my most important people.  I'm sad to say that Scott bears the brunt of my patience with everyone else.  I'm lucky to have a patient partner to deal with my AT TIMES... impatience.

10.  I want to be remembered for living a happy life.  When we are old and grey I want Scott and I to look back on our lives with little regret.  We put a lot of thought and effort into our decisions and try to be purposeful in our major life decisions.  We rarely live life with regret, which I believe has largely contributed to where we are today.  We are very happy, we have the cutest daughter that's ever been born, and we have a long way to go. 

PHEW!  That's a lot to live up to.  I'm going to need to re-read this blog to remember all these things I've outlined.  Perhaps when I'm long gone I'll be remembered for totally different and unrelated things, but HEY! I'll be dead!  For right now, this bubble will do :)



 




No comments: