Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 9 and Day 10



 We had a surprise wintry blast today! When I looked at the weather on my phone this morning I knew we were expecting cold temperatures and rain storms but what we got was a LOT of snow!  Audrey and I took advantage and went outside.  She played while I shoveled.  Last year we got a snow like this and she wasn't so sure... This year she was all about it!  It's amazing how much she can change in one year.

So for Day 9 I am thankful for this lovely purple hand-me-down snow suit that fit Audrey perfectly.  Without hand-me-downs we wouldn't have been prepared for this snowy adventure.  We would have squeezed into last year's snow suit made for a 6 month old (and believe me, we prob could have made it work.  Audrey's not known for her large stature...).  It's amazing how you think you've got everything covered, pants, shirts, socks, shoes, skirts, sweaters, a coat, mittens, a hat, but you can completely overlook something as important as a snow suit!  Thank you, friend of my mom, for buying this snow suit for your granddaughter and for her outgrowing the snow suit after only wearing it a couple of times when she came to visit and for passing it down to us for our enjoyment.  We will make it last!

Day 10 piggybacks onto Day 9.  For Day 10 I am thankful for the pizza delivery men who have to deliver pizza when I'm too scared to get out on the roads myself, and heaven knows I don't cook on the weekends!  Audrey and I were so very happy when the delivery man showed up in his snow-covered non-4-wheel-drive car delivering our one large peperoni pizza.  Part of me feels very guilty putting someone else on the road while we are warm in our house, so please, everyone, when you say your prayers tonight, pray for all those delivery men and women who carry on through inclement weather.  They definitely don't get enough credit. 

Happy Snowy Day everyone.  Now.  To find the candy bowl and wash the pizza down with something chocolaty and delicious!




No comments: