We all know my back is the most unreliable part of my body, and last week the back monster struck again. Usually I can pinpoint an action or activity that leads up to my back giving out on me but this time it caught me completely by surprise. One day it was a little sore and the next day I was in bed. The last time my back went out was in the spring and Audrey was 4 months younger and probably only ounces lighter (she is so petite!). The difference in 4 months has been amazing. Last time my back went out I relied heavily on my friends and family to help me with Audrey. Scott was out of town and I couldn't get her in or out of the car/high chair/crib for a few days. This time Scott has been home and he's a champ, and Audrey can do so much more! She climbs into her car seat and she climbs up in her high chair (which is actually one of my least favorite toddler activities - I would compare it to some spider-monkey-like actions). The thing that is the most miserable about having no back is not being able to participate in all the fun that goes on around here! Yesterday and today I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and let's hope it's a very loong tunnel before I'm flattened again!
One thing that's also been fun is I've had a little helper while doing my back exercises. It is quite disheartening to see her flexibility when I'm looking like a 90-year-old grandma.
Audrey likes the back exercises so much we do them repeatedly (mostly at bedtime when she's procrastinating...).
Audrey is the last toddler I know to be getting her molars. She's almost 21 months old and just now getting the chompers she needs to eat people food. This means she's also needing some Ibuprophin. Today, when I got home I went into the bathroom to grab the bottle and give her a dose. I must not have put the lid on tightly last night in my 2 am stupor because when I went to shake it up the meds went EVERYWHERE. In the toilet, on the floor, and alllll over Audrey. The good news was after wiping her off the meds acted like hair gel and we were able to get some amazing hair do's out of it!
I think my girl has grown up over night. She really takes me by surprise sometimes. Tonight I was in the kitchen and she wanted me to turn on her CD player in her bed room. She came into the kitchen, said "Mom!" and got behind me. She grabbed the back of my pants and pushed me into her room, right up to the cd player where she pointed. She's a go getter! Then, tonight at bedtime when we were singing our songs she sang with me through twinkle twinkle and the ABC's. Nothing is sweeter than singing and snuggling hearing a little pip-squeak voice singing along without really knowing the words.
And! Tomorrow is Friday!
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment