Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cookies!



Tonight we made Halloween cookies for the neighbors.  My New Years Resolution for 2012 was to try and follow the directions and rules when making dinner/a new project and tonight I can happily say the tally  is:

1 for following directions
2,392,390,839 for flying by the seat of my pants.

Getting Ready to Decorate
I started yesterday with a sugar cookie recipe developed for high altitude.  This recipe makes the most delicious sugar cookies (when you follow directions...WHICH I DID!).  I prepared the dough, refrigerated it, and was ready to cut/bake/decorate today.

Found this one on the plate... Someone snacked a little early...


I originally planned this activity because I thought Scott was going to work from home all day and I knew it was something Audrey and I could do in stages.  Lucky for us Scotty had more time, so it became a family affair! 


Of all the baking activities that happen in our house (rarely) this is one of the messier ones.  It was messy making the dough.  It was messy rolling out the dough and cutting the cookies.  It was messy icing the cookies and it was definitely messing adding some love with sprinkles. 


She's Got the Technique!

Which One did Audrey Decorate?


Those of you who know my husband know he is less than thrilled with mess.  It was so sweet to see how much he really enjoyed making the mess with Audrey.  I can proudly say we made all of these messes and are both still speaking and sitting next to each other on the couch. 

Happy to Decorate!
A "Before" Picture

I was very proud of my direction-following-delicious-tasting cookies I couldn't wait to show them off...THEN...I tripped on the blanket and everything went South.  We had made it through an entire decorating session without letting the toddler goo everything up and then WHAMO!  Smooshed cookies.  Luckily they still taste great, they just now look like a real Halloween scary scene.




Happy Halloween!

No comments: