Our three-year-old elementary school has been blessed with 17 babies since we opened our doors. That's a lot of maternity subs, a lot of maternity clothes, and a lot of hormones floating around one confined space. Not only have we grown 17 of our own but we continue to welcome new friends into the community as they move their families to Northern Colorado. Growing up I was also a part of a baby boom from teachers at the high school where my mom worked. Some of my greatest friendships were born out of our parents decision to simultaneously start their families. My hope for these babies of Range View is that they too will grow up making life-long friendships.
Today, some of these precious babies got together at the pumpkin patch. We had two walkers and three sitters, and a beautiful day to play and have a good time. Audrey was baby number 3 of the 17. My friend Kimberly had baby number 1 and baby number 16 (and they are only 2 years apart). Audrey speaks of these friends as her "buddies" and we sing about them almost every night before bed. Nothing is more motivating to my strong-willed toddler than getting together with her buddies.
Not only is Audrey a lucky lady but I consider myself a pretty lucky gal as well. With each of these 17 babies comes an awesome family. I've made some great friends and really enjoy the time we spend chatting and laughing about our little growing families. When I came back to work after maternity leave I came back to a wonderful support system and when I'm teaching after a sleep-deprived night I know I'm not alone, and that's comforting.
So, thank you friends, both present at the pumpkin patch and those who were missed, for having such wonderful babies and families. I count my blessings to have found such a wonderful little community.
No comments:
Post a Comment