I've started my new job, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It's amazing, and exactly the way elementary school should be.
I wish we had internet so I could remember all the funny things that have happened so far, but one story has stuck with me for at least 24 hours, so now that I've got a free min. let me share it with you :)
We recently read the story "Ms. Nelson is Missing" which is older than dirt, and I'm sure we all read it when WE were in second grade. The jist is that the kids misbehave so the teacher disguises herself as an evil substitute to make the kids realize what they are missing.
In response to the story, I had the kids write two things they would do if THEIR teacher (aka me) went missing. As I was reading their responses, there were quite a few similarities. For example:
I would get the principal.
I would look for her.
I would do my work and not get in trouble.
I would tell my mom.
I would call the police.
But one special friend wrote:
I would go home and play video games, then I would take a nap. But I would be sad...
It's nice to be loved :)
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh how I have missed your teacher blogs! I hope you have internet soon so that you can write lots and lots of funny things this year. Also, I want you to do my hair for my wedding. Everyone loved the pictures from Renee's. So, get my tentatively-I'm-not-engaged wedding on your invisible calendar. :-)
I got my lip gloss in the MAIL!!!!! Thank you friend! I'm all set for wedding hair. Tell me when and where, and bring me a spiked coke :)
Post a Comment