Friday, September 12, 2008

Raining + Worms

As I was coming in from recess today (after it rained and all the worms were out) I overheard an innocent conversation and almost embarrassed myself. Here goes:

Little boy: I have a riddle. What's soft and squishy and inside my pants?

I called that little boy out of line quicker than you can say 123 and said EXCUSE ME. His response? What Mrs. Ward? It's just a worm.

PHEW. That saved me an uncomfortable parent phone call :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was little I used to pick up the worms that came out when it rained and put them back in the grass. :) I thought I was saving their lives and I didn't realize that they were getting out of the grass to save themselves from the rain. That's always bothered me. :)

Thanks for changing your settings. I'm sure others appreciate it also. The comments will start rolling in. :)