Thursday, September 18, 2008

See?

I had a student who usually rides the bus after school, but promised me his aunt was picking him up yesterday. I tend to trust kids when they are positive, but just to be sure, I walked him out. That way if no one picked him up at least he wasn't wandering the neighborhood unattended.

We were waiting for his aunt to come and his older brother ran up and startled him. And without missing a beat my student turned to him and said, as if I wasn't there..."See? This is my teacher. I told you she looked nice."

Now this could mean one of many things.

a) I am a fantastic dresser, and did, in fact look nice.
b) I look nice but in all actuality am a mean-faced b*
c) I am, in all actuality, nice

I try and convince Scott of the third all the time, but he's not convinced (perhaps it's because I force him to watch bad MTV shows, America's Next Top Model and Gossip girl, but when it's his turn to choose I blog instead :))

Tomorrow we are celebrating the "End of Summer" by making our own ice cream in a bag. It could be an utter disaster. I already printed out an itinerary, and all it says is this:

1 parent serve the ingredients
1 parent serve the ice
1 parent serve the salt....


DUH!

That's it. An entire 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, and that's what it says. I just can't wrap my mind around 23 kids making their own bag of ice cream.

Wish me luck. Oh..did I mention while making the ice cream we'll all be sitting on beach towels and I'll be wearing a sarong???

1 comment: