Scott and I have a predicament. Our upstairs neighbor does not like televisions or pianos. We have had TWO visits from the Evans police department. Each visit, they show up, walk into the apartment, assess the television/piano, laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation, and leave. When we got the first visit, we felt bad. We have a built in entertainment center, where we had the t.v. (duh) but worried that the sound was traveling STRAIGHT up to the condo above us. So we GRACIOUSLY moved our television onto a coffee table and put a plant where the T.V. should go. NO big deal right? Call us the Ward-accommodating neighbor-Wards.
When they showed up after I played the piano, all bets were off. I don't play the piano, except MAYBE twice a month, and ALWAYS in the early evening or middle of the afternoon. When it's not even dinner time. Where I come from that's called being considerate of those living around you.
Nope. The upstairs neighbor doesn't like pianos apparently. She likes police. So she called them, they came, said "maybe you can't play your piano while you live here (yeah, that's right football guys. Thanks for moving the freaking heavy piano. We'll use it to hold vases for the next year...)
So I went up to talk to her. And I gave her my phone number, and killed her with kindness. And just asked, that next time we make some UNGODLY noise (say we vacuum heaven for bid) she call US rather than the GOSH DARN COPS. Seriously.
And don't even get me started on our Internet fiasco. We have made 5 different calls. The following has not been changed to protect the innocent.
Phone call one (Aug. 26) :
Scott: "Hi, we'd like to set up Internet"
Dish: "You're all set up for Internet on Sept. 2nd. We'll call you 24 hours in advance to let you know the time. You need to provide NO more information and we will charge you 10.00 installation fee."
Phone call tw0 (Sept. 2) :
Scott: "Hi, It's Sept 2 and we never received a call"
Dish: "I see your order number here. I see we are set to install on Sept. 2. We will call you 24 hours before to arrange a time."
Scott: "Today is Sept 2"
Dish: "I see, well in that case fax us your drivers license and your social security card and we'll set it up another time"
Scott: " No one said anything before about needing that information"
Dish: " How silly, we need that info before we can come. Once you've faxed the info, call this number directly. 888-888-8888. OH and that will be 45 dollars."
A few Min. later
Scott dials 888-888-8888.
Dish: "Please enter the extension provided to you earlier.
Scott: " I received no extension."
Dish: " Please hang up and try again.
Phone call 3 (Sept 2)
Scott : "I called earlier to arrange an appointment to get Internet, they told me to fax over information, which I did, and I"m calling to make sure you received it. "
Dish: "let me transfer you to the correct division.
5 min later:
Dish: "someone talking completely in spanish:
Phone call 4 (Sept 2)
Scott: I've called three times already, and have gotten no where. This is my order number, I sent the information via fax, and I would like someone to connect me to a manager.
Dish: We have no record of an account being set up. Nothing appears that you've paid, faxed, even spoken to someone that works for dish. Let me transfer you...
THIS transfer is great success. We start over again, get a new account number, and set up Internet for Sept 10.
Phone call 5 (Sept 6)
Sarah: "Hi, I'm just calling to verify that we have accrued no charges to our account, since we were at one time told we were being charge 10 dollars, and another time told we were being charged 45 dollars. We have an appointment with your partner, Qwest, to come and set up our Internet on Wed, and want no misunderstandings.
Dish: "We don't deal with Qwest. They are the competition.
Sarah: "You do deal with Qwest. They are coming on Wed.
Dish: "I can promise you with 100 percent guarantee that we don't deal with Qwest.
Sarah: " Transfer me to customer service.
wait-wait-wait.
Sarah: "Hi, I just spoke to someone who says you don't deal with Qwest, yet we have them coming to set up our Internet on Wed."
Dish: "That's interesting. Sorry for the inconvenience. I see your account right here."
Sarah: Hang up.
I'm so sick of Dish, and I only called them once, after Scott said he would NEVER call them again. What is it with us and cable companies? We have TERRIBLE luck.
It's a good thing I'm so friendly :) Or else I might have cussed :)
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sarah, this is very, very funny. I hope your psycho neighbor finds a day job (and a life). Also that your Internet is now successfully installed?? Also I'm thrilled that you love your job!!
Thanks Carol!!! It's nice to be connected to the world again via the internet!!!
How is Farmers?
Farmers is crazy! We have a ton of customers who were just hit by Hurricane Ike (Farmers is the largest insurer in Texas), so we're overloaded with claims and everyone is running around like a bunch of chickens with... you get the picture. It promises to NOT be a normal week.
How is Colorado?
I hadn't thought of that Carol. I hope it all settles down soon. I have a friend whose house was damaged by the storm, but they are in really good spirits. Hopefully they are your customers!
How is Howie? How is Steve?
Post a Comment