A little tribute to Annie, even though Miss Hannigan did not sing fondly of them :)
In case you didn't know... it turns out our little growing human is a GIRL! We are SO very excited. We had our ultrasound appointment a week and a half ago, and even though the power went out halfway through and we had to come back the next day to finish up, she was very cooperative and gave us a very good view of all the important parts :)
She has two arms, two legs, two hands, two feet, a well developed brain, connected spinal cord, no cleft pallet, and best of all she has lady parts :)
You've never seen someone so excited as this little girl's dad. Scott is besides himself with happiness. I think it's every guy's dream to have a little boy to coach and mentor through life, but my husband is ecstatic for a little girl. Our next hurdle is naming the cutester! We've made it through an entire book of 30,000 names for girls, and are no closer than we were before we looked. Scott insists on making a a list of "possibilities" but if I don't like it now, I don't anticipate waking up and loving the name 4 months from now! With 30,000 names to choose from you would think we could find at LEAST one good name, but nothing sounds right! Below are some of the helpful suggestions offered from family members (some in all seriousness, and some in jest, but I won't tell you which, to keep you guessing...)
Chase Michael's suggestions (our 5 year old nephew)
Lolly or Journey
Dave's suggestion (My brother in med school)
Shar'Analice
Luke's suggestion (My brother in high school)
Labron
Brian's suggestion (My brother in college)
Baraquisha Obamaniqua
Dan's suggestion (My principal)
Danielle
The staff's suggestions (via the staff lounge)
Sasquatch
Mental
Salt
Ramon
Sharon's (my mother-in-law) suggestion
Antoinette
My student's suggestions:
Each one has kindly offered their own name as a suggestion, and a surprising amount of them think we should name her Isabelle.
So you can see why were in desperate need for a baby name book.
I have finally reached a point where I can tell that I'm pregnant without pooching out my stomach at the end of the day :) The other day on the playground one of my students put a basketball under her shirt and said "my baby is a girl too!" It's been so much fun to feel her move and kick, and I'm getting excited thinking about decorating a little girls room! One of the key components of the baby's room is going to be having her name on the wall, in little girl colors, so we're trying to pick up the pace and make a decision! Keep the suggestions coming, or little Labron Ward will be terrorizing the world soon :)
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OMG, I LOVE Baraquisha Obamaniqua! That is definitely my first choice!
I love coming up with baby names, we should chat soon. :-)
Post a Comment