Scott and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary by heading to the mountains. It looked like we had chosen the only rainy day in October to make our journey but by the time we were out of Loveland and into the canyon the rain had stopped and we had a fabulous time! Fall has come later this year than usual, so the leaves were just changing up in Estes Park and we were able to get some great photos! It is shocking to think of this anniversary as our last without a third member to our family. Right now, as I type, baby girl is doing the hand-jive-loopty-loo. I can't help but smile when she gets really active. It is the most amazing and bizarre feeling all rolled into one. Our book says she is just under a pound and a half, and is over 8 inches head to rump. Quite an amazing accomplishment for someone who started off so very small!
Part of me gets a little sad thinking about today, and how this is the last anniversary it will just be Scott and me. I have gotten used to having Scott to myself, and am not sure I'm ready to share him with another female! It's quite overwhelming to think that all of the relationship structures we have in place that make us who we are, and make me so happy, are all about to change. I know it's going to be an amazing adjustment, getting used to being married and raising a baby. Part of me wants to just close my eyes and pretend things will be the same but then I get a good solid elbow to the gut and remember there's no turning back now!
We are getting to the nitty-gritty of this baby making process. What in the WORLD will her name be? We have painting, and shopping, and building, and sewing projects to complete, and it's not like we can ask her to wait if we get behind schedule. She's coming whether we're ready or not.
Right now I sit on the couch, preparing to upload photos, my daughter is kicking my insides, my husband is snuggled watching baseball, my dog is snoozing in his chair, and I can't help but feel extremely thankful and lucky. I have the nicest friends that listen to me bemoan my pregnancy woes, the most supportive and excited family, and the most wonderful husband and partner ever. Tonight, at dinner, I was airing my anxiety woes, and thought aloud about how challenging it has to be to deal with my ever changing hormones and anxieties and Scott had the perfect response: "What fun would it be if you were a two page book?"
Well dear, our book is about to add another chapter. One I believe will have many more than 2 pages :)
Sitting on top of the "Dam Tower"







No comments:
Post a Comment