Sunday, June 8, 2008

Moved In

I've toyed with blogging in the past. For a while I was pretty regular with it. I always seem to be much better with is in the months of June, July and August, I wonder why?

The reason I've decided to pick it up again is I find that I read my friends blogs regularly, even if I don't comment on their thoughts and ideas. It's refreshing to know what is happening in their day to day lives, and to feel like we're still connected as we go our separate ways, even if it's through the blogosphere. I find it comforting to know what my friends are worried about, what they're happy about or what their looking forward to. So here's my attempt :) HI FRIENDS!

I've thrown my back out by overextending myself in the move. I went into hyperdrive and couldn't wait for anyone's help unpacking. I unpacked the apartment and I unpacked my classroom, I rearranged furniture, I lifted heavy boxes, I rearranged furniture, I lifted heavy boxes, then decided to again rearrange furniture and lift heavy boxes. My back did a great job until I decided to take Tober out to potty....in the words of my 3 year old nephew "Silly Sarah" That's what did it. Now, for the past three days I've been lying on the bed, twisting every commercial break to a new position, and watching a lot of useless t.v. Today, for the first time, I'm feeling able to lean over and help with things like laundry and dishes, a HUGE improvement. Scott is thrilled :)

It's been an adjustment to be away from Kansas City, especially with so much happening with the move. I really miss my friends and I really miss the routine of Kansas City, but to be honest, life here is really great. Luke came to stay for a week and go to UNC basketball camp, and it really made me motivated to be unpacked and ready for his visit. For that reason everything in the apartment is arranged and it really feels like a comfortable home. It's really nice to be back with Scott and have our marriage return to normal. I don't feel like every minute I spend with him has to be pleasant and worth while, and have come to find without the pressure of making things pleasant, things are actually quite wonderful.

It's so nice to live close to family. I see my mom all the time, she comes up, we go down, or we meet in the middle. I didn't realize how important MY family was until we were able to see them so much more regularly. As I get older I realize how much having my parents in different states has impacted me. I feel guilty liking to be close to my mom, Bob and Luke because that means I'm far away from my Dad, Anne, Dave and Brian. Not to mention being far away from my two adorable nephews. My hope for my family is that as my brothers grow up we can all live comfortably enough to travel often for visits, especially as we begin to have our own families. I want our children to be close. I've realized it's very important. So Dave, Brian, Luke LISTEN UP! You need to be the ones to make the big bucks for travel. The weight is on your shoulders :)

I hope all is well with you all. I want to KNOW how you're doing. Even if I'm not commenting, it doesn't mean I don't care. It means I'm pondering your life decisions as I continue to make my own.

Loves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm going to be loaded, so we can definitely see each other often.