Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Folk Yeah

I'm about to embark on a journey to Perry Oklahoma for a family reunion. I'm going in a car with my mom, Bob and Luke, just like old vacation times. Scott has to stay and work...or so he SAYS. I didn't know much about the family reunion at first, just that it was happening and that I'm bored as dirt, so I thought "Hey, I'll go"

Turns out the family reunion involves sleeping in a camper, wearing "Camp Franey" t-shirts, playing organized games, swim suits (my mom says hers has a skirt attached) and prizes :) Should be some quality Oklahoma fun.

I wish we had our actual computer, and not Scott's laptop, at our disposal. I want to post pictures of the condo and this family reunion, but alas, we do not have an adapter that will work with this computer, so the pictures will have to wait until August. By then these moments will long be forgotten in your memories, so I'll just have to paint you mental pictures in the meantime.

My latest past time is making fun of Scott being from the Lake of the Ozarks. I keep finding ways that he qualifies as "folk". For instance:

He was on a bowling team
He has, at one time or another, survived on cheap t.v. dinners
His first job was frying food at the bowling alley.
He has stories involving rocks, lakes and fish.

Remember, this is just a joke. If you also were on a bowling team, you eat t.v. dinners, you have fried food, and you have stories with rocks lakes and fish, you are totally not folk :)

I digress: My mom has decided that after 53 years of crooked teeth, she wants straight, beautiful teeth and has gotten braces. Before she could get the brackets on the bottom, she had to have a tooth pulled, RIGHT in the middle of her mouth. Long story short, she's had to reschedule appointments, and now, I am heading, to Perry Oklahoma, with a toothless mother. TALK ABOUT FOLK!!!!!

I've never been more proud, and have assured her I will document this time of her life with plenty of photos.

In all reality, she looks fine, Scott is not folk, and Perry is KIND OF a nice place to visit. I attribute all of this because of their relationships with me. I'm their upgrade.

Talk to you Wed (hopefully with many mental pictures to share).

No comments: