Saturday, December 10, 2011

Making Ornaments

Getting my "workout" on
 Today our family set out to accomplish the first of many Christmas traditions - making ornaments.  Each year our plan is to make a new type of ornament to adorn our tree.  Since Audrey's not proficient with scissors or a glue gun we went a more practical route this year and went with an idea I found here.

Mixing Some Ingredients
It's a good thing that I'm so very strong because kneading the dough was probably the best workout I've had since... well... ever!  I had some great sous chefs in the kitchen.

Tip Toes!
DELICIOUS
Audrey is such a trouper.  All of these holiday traditions can wear a girl out!  She was really enjoying her alphabet letters, helping me spell out the directions on the fridge.

Hand Prints
Daddy Tries...
Audrey was NOT  fan of allowing us to have her hand for hand prints so the indentions are pretty weak.  With her foot she was a tad more obliging, but only because we could distract her with extra dough.

Perfect!
In the end the ornaments actually came out looking more like baby hands and feet than I thought they would!  They kind of perked up in the oven. 

It's been so much fun forcing helping Audrey enjoy the holidays.  It's also been fun to bring out all of her holiday attire. 

The dress she's wearing today was one of the FIRST things I bought for her when I was pregnant. I picked it out thinking she would wear it in July... but December is the next best month!  Long sleeves under short sleeves is very 'in' this year.

Great Success
Tonight, it's on to Audrey's first Christmas party.  We've already discussed taking it easy on the eggnog...

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas!



 

No comments: