 |
| Laying next to the ladybug is a thing of the past. |
Our little peanut is 11 months old. It's amazing. This time last year as we were getting ready for the holidays we could only imagine what this year would look like. We started off with such a tiny little baby and now we have an almost walking almost talking person in our house! Our house has become a walking disaster zone full of rolling toys, gates, blocks, noise makers, bottles, cups, and clothes.
Even though Audrey is completely oblivious to Christmas it's been such a fun time doing holiday activities with her. We made ornaments, we've made cookies and cupcakes, we've bought all the presents, shipped packages, and bought holiday clothes. The only thing she's interested in is turning on the Christmas tree every morning with her dad. She smiles in anticipation and then squeals as it lights up. We may have a new permanent fixture in our house because Scott is a softy and I don't think he'll be able to pack up the tree when it makes her so happy.
 |
| Something interesting is over the |
|
|
|
|
|
The days go by so quickly with an almost one-year-old. We wake up, have a bottle, have breakfast, play a little and then it's nap time. After nap it's lunch, a 2-3 hour window to leave the house without taking an additional trailer or supplies, then it's back home for afternoon nap, dinner, and bedtime.
 |
| Happiest girl! |
Audrey brings out the best in our family. She's helped Scott relax
about clutter and she's motivated me to be better about cooking and
laundry. I think I've loaded/unloaded the dishwasher more with Audrey
being born than I have my entire life. I used to work all day and think
"I'm so tired! How can I possibly unload the dishwasher?" and now I
find myself thinking "Unloading the dishwasher will take a whopping 5
minutes and then I won't have to wash all those bottles by hand..."
| |
|
|
| Buckets are SO funny. |
As Audrey gets older and learns more and more new sounds she's surprised us with some silly accidental responses. Yesterday I asked her if she wanted a diaper changed and her random conglomeration of babble turned into a "Ummm...Yep". Even though it's completely accidental it makes me so excited for when she actually is talking to us. Such a tiny little bop with her own voice will just be incredibly, ridiculously cute.
 |
| "OH MY GOSH I LOVE READING THIS BOOK!" |
 |
| "Oh parents, you're so silly..." |
 |
| "Skini-a-bunny" |
 |
| This is how Tober supervises bath time. |
I find myself being nostalgic of last year, whenever I see a baby bump but then I look in the rear-view mirror of my car and see a little hand flinging a sock up and down over the back of the car seat and I remind myself to appreciate these times, because this time next year I'll be nostalgic for one-year-olds. I'm not sure I'll be nostalgic for the sleepless nights that one-year-olds present, but one never knows...
No comments:
Post a Comment