Saturday, August 6, 2011

Denver Flash Mob - No Big Deal...

Don't ever let anyone tell you that television is a waste of time...ESPECIALLY reality television. This season, on The Bachelorette, all of the bachelors participated in a flash mob. This made me wonder how I could get involved in such wonderfulness myself, so I set out on the computer doing what inquirers do best... I googled that sucker.

When you type "Denver Flash Mob" into Google a fantastic website appears, and it tells you how to become involved in a flash mob. I friended that sucker on Facebook and what do you know - a flash mob just happened to be planned for a weekend I was visiting mom in Colorado Springs, and being in a flash mob is on both of our bucket lists.


Mom, Audrey and I at "The Meeting Spot".

Yesterday we set out on our quest and watched the dance tutorial on YouTube, practiced a couple of times, and felt we were ready. We figured there would be plenty of people and we could just chill in the middle of the pack and no one would really notice that we didn't know the moves.


Other flash mob participants at "The Meeting Spot"

Today, five of us set out on our flash mob journey. Mom and I were the participants, Scott, Audrey, and our friend Michael came as moral support, although Michael just came to make sure the event was documented. The mob took place outside Coors Field, and Luke was supposed to be at the game with his friends, but their plans were cancelled at the last minute (Luke was so relieved... I guess it's not cool to 16 year olds to have your mom and sister make a public disturbance...)


Scott, Audrey and Michael - Our cheering section!

We arrived at the meeting place to find a group of about 150 people. The guy in charge divided us into 3 groups so we could be discrete and to the stadium we walked!


Discretely walking towards Coors Field, mingling with baseball fans.

I have to say it was an amazing experience. It's something I will hopefully get to do again, and again, and again, and again. I plan on recruiting MANY friends to help. Now that Audrey is a pro, she's going to learn the moves with me!


Scott, Michael and Audrey were charged with taking care of the purses - something Michael was very proud to do...


This guy was also apparently in charge of the purses for his group...


Can YOU tell which members are baseball fans and which are flash-mobbers????


Mom and I "Blending in" with the crowd.

You can view the video here, although keep in mind Scotty was filming, holding the baby, managing all of our bags so for the first min. no one has a head...

And if you're brave enough, here is the "official" video :)






No comments: