
It's an interesting thing, growing a human. It is so gradual it's hard to feel like there are any changes at all and at the same time things change over night and it's undeniable that something new is a-brewin'! It seemed over night that I went from looking *perhaps* a little pregnant to having complete strangers congratulate us as we are out around town. When did the switch occur? At what point are people so confident that I'm brewin' a human that they feel they can, without hesitation, congratulate us and ask us questions? Seriously, it was over night. And it's all around us! Last Friday, at a basketball game we were congratulated by a fan that sits behind press row. People at Target stop and smile a knowing smile. The comments at work have switched from "Are you SURE you're pregnant?" to "Wow! She's growing like a weed! There's no hiding it now!"... and so on and so forth. It's actually quite amazing.
Looking over pictures from last June, when we started taking pictures of the growing belly, I remember being so impressed with my little baby bump, and now, that bump is a distant memory! Gone are the days where the bump was only visible to Scotty and I. Gone are the days where I could wear my regular pants with just the top button undone. Gone are the days where my regular shirts still reached my waste, just with a little tightness in the middle. Gone are the days where I could roll over in bed without a massive all out plan of attack. Gone are the days where putting on socks didn't make me lose my breath. Gone are the days where I only had to go to the bathroom when I woke up, after school, and when I went to bed.
This afternoon, at a women's basketball game, I could sit on press row, and visually see my little girl rolling around in my belly. Anyone sitting right beside me could have seen the bumps and wiggles the little girl was doing. It's truly amazing. As excited as I will be to have this little girl in my arms and in my life forever, there is something amazing about having this time alone with her. Only I can tell when she's awake or asleep. I have to let other people know when she's moving around. She and I dance in the car on the way to work, and she and I enjoy the nighttime snack right before bed that make her dance as I'm drifting off to sleep.
I can see why people get addicted to pregnancy. It's amazing, and awkward, and terrifying, and interesting, and lovely all at the same time. With 11 weeks to go, I'm sure things will only continue to become more interesting...AND uncomfortable at the same time :)
1 comment:
i can't believe you're only a few short weeks away! you look lovely my dear.
Post a Comment