Scott and I had a busy day today running our first 10 K race in Boulder, Colorado, only 45 min. from our current home.
We met my mom, Bob and Luke and carpooled to the starting line, where before the race we frequented the porta-potties (GROSS) and barely made it in line with our starting group, and when I say barely, I mean BARELY. No stretching for this race. It was get in line and GO!!!
The race was a lot of fun. It's 6 miles of music, and cheering, belly dancing, free beer, and slip-and-slides (if you're willing). You end the race by running into the stadium at the University of Colorado. When you run into the stadium there is a jumbo-tron and YOURS TRULY was plastered on it for an entire 5 seconds at LEAST! (FAAAAAAAAMOUSE!!!!!)
There are 50,000 runners/walkers that enter the race, and you would think that would be crazy, but they have it down to an art, and it was FANTASTIC.
Scott and I are both now limping around the house in the aftermath though...
Tomorrow's my last teacher work day, and then it's OFFICIALLY SUMMER VACATION! We leave for Hawaii in one week, and after that....GRAD SCHOOL!
I'm taking 9 hours this summer, and have everything ready to go. I've got my books ordered, my schedule set, and hopefully am on my way to becoming masters educated (and better paid)!
We shall see what other adventures our summertime holds, but for now, I'm happy relaxing on my couch, feeling the ice cream I just ate was well deserved, and excited by the fact that my husband lost a bet and now has to cook dinner/do the dishes AND iron his pants ALL week long!
Life is good :)
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment