Thursday, November 13, 2008

Spaghetti dinner

Tonight, I cooked probably one of the largest meals this condo has ever seen...in celebration of being a bachelorette for the next three days?

That's right...I lost my husband to an affair....with basketball. He's traveling with the UNC team to Oregon, and happy as a clam, and I'm eating away my loneliness. I had plans to make spaghetti for a friend tonight, and there were complications (silly sports!) but I had my heart SET on spaghetti all day, so I decided "Hey, what the hell, I'll make it any way." And while I was at it I made rolls, and salad, and rice crispy treats. It's not Thanksgiving meal, but when our dinner usually consists of warming up something someone else has already prepared, frozen and packaged, it's a huge step. So something that required like 5 pots, and a pan for the rolls, only took me 5 min. to eat, and now I have to do this dishes.

Fantastic!

I also think I traumatized my kids today. We were reading a book and they were not paying attention ( I KNOW! THE NERVE OF THE 7 YEAR OLDS!!!) and I just started laughing. And one of the kids looked up and said "Mrs. Ward, why are you laughing?" And I said, "Because if I don't laugh, I will yell. And I don't want to yell" And for the rest of the day they were angels. Perhaps I should threaten yell laughing at them more often! I don't think they knew what to expect! We all remember how we felt when we'd made such a big mistake that our parents would laugh, just thinking about how much trouble we were in? YIKES!

Now...off to do the dishes... Darn.

No comments: