I was walking tonight with Scott, lamenting the fact that we wouldn't be able to upload photos until we unload the things from our storage unit, when he reminded me that all the cords and software we need are sitting in my nightstand, RIGHT beside where I sleep every night :) Lucky me! I should have complained to him earlier!
I have a few funny photo's and stories to go with them...(some of it may be
repetitive. Bear with me)

I already told you how we piled into the Yukon to take the trip to the half-a-
Walmart. This is Luke and Amy all buckled and
rarin' to do a little kickball shopping.

These are my cousins and I inside the half-a-
Walmart. Ever since my mom married Bob, I've gotten to spend a week in Perry Oklahoma. The joke is that the first time I went there, I commented on how everything in Perry is half-size, even the
Wal-Mart. It's been the Half-a-
Walmart ever since. What's amazing is how everyone relies on the Half-A-
Walmart for EVERYTHING. Need a card? Half-A-
Walmart. Out of milk? Half-A-
Walmart. Car broke down? Half-A-
Walmart. Cow got out? Half-A-
Walmart...it's truly amazing :)

My mom had the brilliant idea to have family reunion shirts made to celebrate the occasion. The nice part was that they were all different colors. When we were getting to choose our colors, mom thought it would be nice if all the Ward/
Franeys had yellow shirts, but Luke and I rebelled. I chose red, and then mom said that red looked better on me than yellow anyway, and decided she too needed red. Here I am with my cousins. This pic started out as just me, Luke and Mark, and slowly progressed. I have pics of the progression, but thought I would spare you, since they aren't your family, and you prob. don't think it's as funny as I do :)

My cousin Brian had a 4-wheeler that he broke out one night. I was SO excited to ride, it was my first time ever, and it felt like the perfect thing to do in Perry, Oklahoma. The only problem with 4-wheelers is that they can flip, and crash, and bones can break, and heads can crack, and I tend to have anxiety....so once I got on I immediately was worried about being injured, or finding a rattle snake nest, or running into one of the random cows that were surrounding us by the second. I let Megan drive first, but every time she got about 10 miles an hour I would scream hysterically that I wanted off, would bury my head in her back, and squeeze for dear life. It's the one time my mom says she's THANKFUL I'm so loud by nature, she knew where I was at all times. We drove the 4 wheeler to a small lake on my cousin Brian's BROTHER'S property. Brian describes his brother as WT, we thought jokingly, but it's no joke. We traded drivers, and now I was in the control seat as we passed by the house that Brian's brother lives in. We were only going about 5 mph because I was constantly on the lookout for something that might cause us to flip to our death, and we stopped to wave at Brian's brother, and he stopped to wave...WITH HIS SHOTGUN....so I booked it to 10 mph and we went back to the pasture. We figured we were safer with the cows.

Last but not least, on July 4
th, mom, Scott, Grandpa and I set out to run a 4 mile race up in Monument Colorado. The race started around a lake, and was mostly downhill. It was a fantastic race. It was Scott's first official race, and he was so excited to get a number and get a chance to run with other people. Until now, it's been me and the dog :) We had to get up at 5:45 to be ready to run, but we were up and
rarin' to go, even grandpa :0) I actually ran my best time, under 11 min. miles, and that was WITH a very slow first mile. My grandpa has
Alzheimer's, and mom and I wanted to make sure he made it around the lake and onto the right path. He gets lost easily. He doesn't run very fast, but hey, he's 81, and he's running. That's something! Mom and I took off after he got on the path and ran like the wind :) For the past few days I've limped around (after twisting my ankle), making Scott feel guilty for making me do things like dishes and errands :) I think my time is up, he's onto me :) Here is a pic of the shorts I mentioned yesterday that I made for my mom and me.
( I got better at pics this time...and adding pics is ADDICTING!)
No comments:
Post a Comment