Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bir-day Cake

Today, January 13th, is my precious daughter's second birthday.  We celebrated with a pink party (the topic for a coming blog), friends, and family.  Since right now Audrey's friends are attached to my friends I concider today a birthday party for me, with the smoke screan of saying it was for peanut.  She had a blast chasing after all the "buddies", ate her fill of m&ms, and is still wide awake in her crib, even though we put her down 45 min ago, sitting up thinking about the festivities.

Today marks the end for a very tiring but happy ending week.

Last Saturday my grandfather passed away.  He was surrounded by my mom, aunt, and uncle, and his wife, my grandma.  The memorial service will be next weekend, where I get to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins and spend time talking and sharing stories about a wonderful guy.  Scott is making a video for the family to watch and we've been going through old family footage.  We've heard some great accents (I'm gon ged-it = I'm going to get it), seen an AWESOME sweat suit (mom...) and the same sweatpants on a cross country tour (uncle Pat!).  It's been really great to go back and see how lucky I was to have such a happy family growing up.  Something I don't want to take forgranted ever.

In other family news Bob (my step-dad) had a minor heart attack on Wednesday, which meant he had stents put in on Thursday, and, AMAZINGLY was home on Saturday.  It's not until tonight, after the party festivities are over, that I can truly tell you how thankful I am to have Bob back home with our family.  I left work early to go be with mom and Luke.  Scott joined us Friday, and we stayed with mom and Bob and Luke.  It was a blessing in disguise because I had a family effort supporting the birthday efforts, and everyone was able to make the trip up to Greeley to celebrate.  Once I'm finished with this post I'm planning on taking a deep breath, kissing my still-awake daughter good night, and getting some hopefully restful sleep.

Friends and family, I can't begin to tell you what an amazing two years it has been since Audrey came into our lives.  Although we are well underway into the Terrible Twos there is no one in this world I would rather watch throw a temper tantrum over the wrong milk cup or having to wear a coat in below-zero temperatures.

To Audrey, with all my love, you are smart, carismatic, precious, happy, vivacious, and your mom and dad's biggest joy in life.  We love you.  Happy birthday my daughter.

Audrey - 2 Months

Audrey - 2 Years

No comments: