Dear Audrey,
It’s been 3 months since my last letter and you are already growing like a weed! The other day I had a friend over and you were in my arms. As we were talking I said “When Audrey was a baby…” because even though you are already three months old I feel as if you are my big girl!
Everyone in your family absolutely adores you. Your grandma Alice, grandpa Don, Grandpa Bob, uncle Luke, great-grandma Rosebrough, great-grandpa Rosebrough, great-uncle Bob, great-aunt Brenda, grandpa Perry, grandma Anne, great-aunt Stacy, great-uncle Pat, Aunt Anne, cousin Chase, cousin Alex, uncle David and first-cousins-once-removed Ian, Hugh, Amy, Megan, and Mark have all come to Greeley or Colorado Springs to meet you. Uncle Brian Ward is in France and is coming to meet you this summer and uncle Brian Walker is coming in May! Your grandma Sharon will be here in a few weeks to take care of you while I’m back at work. Every time a family member came they gushed over how beautiful and sweet you are. Your dad and I have a very hard time letting them have a turn to hold you because we love being around you so much. Your grandma Alice makes it very clear that it is HER TURN FIRST every time she comes to visit (and she’s already been up 3 times and we’ve gone to see her 3 times too!)
Even though you are a big three-month-old girl you are still in your newborn clothes. At your two month appointment you weighed a whopping 8 pounds 6 ounces! We just switched you out of newborn diapers into size 1’s. The other day we were visiting a little two-week-old baby and I couldn’t help but notice that she was already in size 1 diapers and weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces… You are so petite, just like your parents. We have had to put two newborn pieces of clothing away (a giraffe shirt and some polka dot jammies) and I get a little sad knowing you’re getting to be a big girl!
You have started doing so many things in the past couple of weeks! Right now your favorite thing is laying on your changing table. You smile and coo and talk to a pink butterfly that is hanging on your wall. Last week I put together your mobile and you like to lay underneath it and watch the shapes spin overhead. When we lay you on your stomach you push with your feet, trying desperately to roll yourself over so you can get in on all the action. When we help you roll over you smile at us and talk about everything that is going on in your little world. You just love staring at peoples’ faces. You are also very enthralled by lamps. We have had many discussions together in the rocking chair about the beige lamp to our right.
Today we were at grandma Ali’s and grandpa Bob’s and you had your first photo shoot. You were absolutely adorable! I don’t know how your dad and I are going to ever choose which photos to buy. If we had all the money in the world we would buy every single one in poster size. We don’t get to see the pictures for a month and your dad and I have already mentioned how anxious we are to see them. We bought the most adorable hat online and you found one of the strings and managed to put it in your mouth! We think that’s brilliant!
Your grandma had the Colorado Springs family over for dinner since you were in town and your great-grandpa Rosebrough was there. He is sick with Alzheimer’s so he says the funniest things to you! Tonight I was holding you and he said “How old is that thing?” and “Is that a boy or a girl?” (which who can blame him… you have no hair…). Great-grandma Rosebrough was the first to tell him about you and he thought for a minute and said “I think you’d better take care of that…” He may not understand who you are in our family but he can tell you are very special to him. Your great-grandma Rosebrough got down on the floor next to your blanket tonight and just smiled and talked to you. That is so special because she has to use a walker to get around. She just loves you to pieces and never misses an opportunity to hold you and look at you.
Your grandma Alice is making your Easter dress (Easter is in two weeks) and it’s going to be pink and frilly. We love to dress you in pink and take your picture. We have already posted hundreds of your photo online for everyone we know to enjoy. I have your first Easter basket all ready to go, with a stuffed bunny, a bunny sippy cup, and some socks. I have a feeling I will not be the only one preparing an Easter basket for you this year though…
Well, that is all for now little one. I’m typing this in the car on the way home from Grandma’s and you’re starting to wake up in the back seat. You probably want your pacifier and a little face rubbin’.
We love you!
Mom and Dad (And Tober)
No comments:
Post a Comment