We had a really nice week of weather last week. It was in the 60's and 70's and the kids needed no jackets/hats/gloves/boots etc. Then, we get hit with the arctic blast. And as we're all bundled up and headed out to the playground, one of my quietest girls sticks behind and walks with me. Here's our conversation:
B: "It's cold today"
Me: "It sure is"
B: "I have to wear my coat and hat"
Me: "Yeah, me too."
B: "Last week, it was really nice outside."
Me: "Yeah, it sure was"
Quiet for 10 seconds (10 steps or so)
B: "Winter Sucks"
I had to laugh :) I have to pry any sort of communication from this child in the classroom, and in an endearing moment she opened up her little soul to me :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm very angry with grocery stores at the moment, for apparently grocery stores feel they can charge an inordinate amount of money for food, put an enormous price sticker on a sign that says "sale" with the "reduced" price (which is still outrageous) beside the product and you think you are getting a bargain, and you have to carry around a plastic credit card that has no monetary value so that you don't pay $ 6.75 for a box of cereal.
With gas prices being so low, Scott and I have driven the extra distance to visit SuperTarget in Ft. Collins once a week to get our groceries/home supplies. We love SuperTarget on many different levels, but one of the things we love is how their groceries and living supplies are very affordable. We went last week and bought enough food to last us more than a week, so this week we thought we would just suck it up and swing by the grocery store and pick up the few things we needed for the rest of the week.
So we get the items on our list, enough for a cake, a casserole, spaghetti, bread and milk, and when we cash out using our "supersaver" card, our bill is 68 dollars. When I compared our recipts, we payed DOUBLE for cheese, cake mix, eggs, and butter. DOUBLE. What would have probably cost us 40 dollars, MAX at Target was almost twice that, and that makes me grumpy.
What I love the most, is some poor shmuck is going to walk into Safeway, without the savers card on hand, and actually have to pay $ 6. 75 for a box of Lucky Charms.
Hope you still feel they're "Magically Delicious"
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My gosh! That's seriously the price you pay out there? You obviously should drive back to Missouri multiple times a year and fill the back of your car with supplies like cereal and canned soup. ;)
Sarah, I'm severely let down by your post. "Them's fightin' words" ... I was expecting something much better than a weather report and grocery list. :)
I have to say friend, there were fightin' words but I couldn't figure out a way to post them without sounding like an uptight b** so I just made everyone wait in anticipation...
No, what's ridiculous is that people EVER buy Lucky Charms when you can get 2x as many Marshmallow Mateys (which I think actually taste better) for half the price. I love those dog-food-bag-sized bags!
Post a Comment