Thursday, October 2, 2008

Go Chiefs!

I have been harassing my students since day one for being Broncos' fans. Every Monday, when I write my weekend letter to them I throw in some jab about the Broncos. Last week, the Broncos and the Chiefs met at Arrowhead (and I think we all know the result) and as a result of our victory, two funny things happened:)

One of my kids brought in a Chiefs ornament for my Christmas tree with my name and the date engraved on it (something I'm sure it pained his parents to buy..) and when I said just that:

"T, I'm sure this was a really hard ornament for your parents to buy"

He said: "Mrs. Ward, it was only 3 dollars"

Too funny.

In one of the letters that my kids write back to me, my student wrote :

"Mrs. Ward, my dad says now we have to move and I have to go to a new school since the Chiefs won"

I was cracking up! I love having students that are old enough to take a joke! And let's face it. It's always fun to say "Chiefs rule and Broncos drool"

No comments: